Looking for a swimming pool construction company? Do you need to customize the design of your pool to fit your style and budget? What are the different types of swimming pools and the pros and cons of each?
Swimming pool construction.
Good swimming pool contractors should visit the location for the job, analyze the surroundings, and comment on how each element affects the pool aesthetically. Your budget will determine if the design of the pool you build will become a reality. If your home is constructed on a small plot, concrete plunge pools Sydney are the best option for you. Different designs of swimming pools exist.
Types of pools.
- In-ground pools.
These are permanent structures that are built directly in the landscape.
- Concrete pool.
Construction begins with excavation and adding a framework of reinforced steel. Concrete is added then coated with plaster, tile, or glass aggregates.
- It is durable.
- It is easily customizable to fit the owner’s specifications.
- It is labor-intensive.
- It is costly.
- When the ground shifts, concrete is prone to cracking.
The ground is excavated. A standard fiberglass shell is placed into the ground. They are flexible hence a good choice for areas prone to earthquakes.
- It is durable and can last up to 15 years before deteriorating.
- It has a smooth surface hence easy to maintain.
- It is highly costly.
- It cracks and fades over time.
Panel walls are fastened together and then placed on a concrete foundation. A vinyl liner covers the pool.
Advantages of in-ground pools.
- Several accessories and features like slides, specialty lighting, and diving boards are available.
- It is created to fit any size and shape of a yard.
- They are costly to build.
- Construction takes a long time.
- The water surface is near the ground creating a safety risk for kids and pets.
- Above-ground pools.
This type of pool is constructed on the ground’s surface. Sometimes it is surrounded by a deck or patio. It is constructed with resin, aluminum, or steel sidings with vinyl liners.
- They are less expensive.
- They are suitable for small yards and available in different shapes and sizes.
- They are temporary structures hence portable when you move.
- The designs available are limited to the manufacturers.
- They have a short lifespan when compared to in-ground pools.
- Plunge pools.
These are small pools designed mainly for relaxation. They are shallow and have big seating areas making it comfortable to enjoy the cool water.
- Easy to maintain.
- It is less costly.
- They are small.
- Water requirements are minimized.
Finding the right swimming pool contractor is not easy. To get the pool of your dream constructed, you should consider factors like pool size, the materials available, and budget. In-ground, above-ground, and plunge pools are the types of pools you can construct depending on your needs. Consider the advantages and disadvantages of each type before deciding which pool is best for you and your family.